Monday, November 22, 2010

Audience and Literary Journals

The audience for my work would probably vary. My essays have been all over the place. I expect that the essay on Wildwood would be of interest to anyone who has visited it with any kind of frequency. This is possibly the most widely interesting essay, so I would be comfortable sending it to any literary journal that dealt with travel, or a more generic one like New Letters or Granta, if the theme matches, since almost every issue of Granta has a theme. The others I am not sure about. There were no hits I could find for journals that consider gaming in particular, and so I don't know where I should look for a market for the gaming piece. I don't know quite what "fits" means in this context. I am working on making these essays more like what "literary" readers would like. Ideally they will become the kind of thing that shows up in The New Yorker or Harpers someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment