Monday, November 1, 2010

Further Thoughts on Essay 3

The real problem is, I don't actually have much in the way of thoughts on essay 3.  I am still thinking about doing something about cooking.  The problem is that I don't know what exactly to say about cooking.  Actually, the problem is that we've done so much work on "I" essays, I am thinking only in terms of topics and their relation to me.  From the "eye" essays we have read, it seems like the idea should be more externally related.  I could do something about the "foodie" revolution.  I've been a fan of the Food Network since its inception, before Rachael Ray, Emeril, and Iron Chef.  In the beginning it was David Rosengarten, Two Hot Tamales, and a cooking game show, the name of which I can no longer remember.  That was probably fourteen or more years ago now - yes, really that long.  It's amazing to see how far that little channel based on cooking has come.  Now their chefs are celebrities and have brands based on them.  The Food Network even publishes a monthly magazine.  So, maybe this revolution would be something to write about.  I've participated in it on various levels.  Does that make me a participant observer?

No comments:

Post a Comment